Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve written a post. Today the hubby is off at a conference, so it’s one of those days where I don’t have to cook and I get to play! I’m just now getting to work on the putting some flowers on the back deck. The temperature today is going to almost 90 so this is as far as I got today!
Several years ago I made this potting bench with old window. The original color was shabby white, but my hubby and son didn’t like that look, so I painted it this green hoping they guys would like it better. They just don’t appreciate “old and worn” like I do!
All I kept hearing was how much space this took up…really guys!!! So last fall, I took it all apart, but I really missed the old window and the look of the potting bench. I still had the 2″ x 6″ boards I used for the back legs and I had the window, so I begged my son to help me make another one- only smaller.
He works for a carpet company and they get these travel pallets, so we used the 3″ x 4″ boards from one of those for the legs. We used some 2″ x 3″ boards to build a frame for the top to adhere to. You could use 4″x4″ and 2″x4″ boards if you are buying wood.
the antique faucet with porcelain handle
and porcelain insulator I also had from the original potting bench I had made.
old chippy window
(you can see the dark wax better on this photo)
Unfortunately, I no longer have the old enamel bowl I used for my water feature, so this white enamel dish will have to do for now! I am using a table top fountain pump from an water feature I no longer use.
That finishes the potting bench..now to add some accessories!
I have this galvanized wash tub that I painted black then did some one stroke painting of sunflowers.
I painted this about 8 years ago, but even though it’s fading, still looks okay!
I bought some vining Black-eyed Susan’s and needed to make something for them to climb up on. Even though I have a small, green, wire trellis I wanted something a little more prim looking. I had these two children’s garden tools, a rake and a triangle shaped hoe. I wired them together and spread them apart and placed them in the tub.
I picked up my flowers at a local nursery. I bought Black-eyed Susan’s, some purple Heather, and Marigolds.
Another look would be this shepherd’s hook with two vintage oil cans, one is painted with sunflowers.
Oh no, I just heard a crash as I am writing this. Unfortunately, it blew over after a few minutes, so even though I liked it the best, it’s not going to be an option unless I can figure out a way to keep it solid. The potting soil is too light to hold it in place. (insert sad face here)
Old galvanized watering can has white alyssum planted in it.
One little corner of the deck is finished. I have some wood Adirondack chairs on the other side, but they really need painted, so that will be the next project once the temperature cools down!
This deck is not covered so it gets really, really hot and this gal doesn’t like to sweat!
Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day!